Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Geocaching and Birding in the Lewis and Clark National Forest MT

What a beautiful day

Weather was fantastic.  Lots of sunshine with lovely cloud formations in Big Sky Montana

We decided to take a short day trip to the mountains outside of Great Falls.  Couldn't have picked a better day.  We ended up going south about 50 miles and taking a path through a valley.  Note, the valleys are at 3000 plus feet.  Then we had Olivia take us up a forest road beside a river so that Bob could climb .2 mile straight up a mt. for a "Geocache".  1.5 hours later I was getting a bit worried.  What if he fell and broke his leg???  Or head????  All I could tell rangers was that he was looking for a GC .2 mile away.  I learned a good lesson.  From now on when he goes GCing, I will have the coordinates.  Meanwhile, I enjoyed my birding.  Some pics from the day.


Cliff Swallows were flying in and out of homes like these frantically munching on insects in the air!!!
Bob and I hiked through this valley looking for a geocache and birds.  One path hugged the mountain side and the other ran along the rive

No comments:

Post a Comment