Saturday, June 7, 2014

Whitehorse...Yukon Territory Capital

I have not been overly impressed with the ride through Yukon because the animals must have been hiding.  However, Whitehorse is one of those places you could easily hang out in.  We've come about 3000 miles from TX and I think I need to hang out somewhere for awhile.


Young Moose I Think
Floy and Gary were our Front Door into Whitehorse.  It is always nicer to watch someone ahead of you as they go over bumps.  Gives you time to slow down.
One of the many lakes on the way to Whitehorse from Teslin.
These animals so love to lick the salt off the road.  My tongue would be sore.  So would my back.
Yukon River through Whitehorse with a pedestrian bridge over it.
A dam on the Yukon in Whitehorse.  It has the longest fish ladder in the world.  An amazing place.  It was built to allow fish struggling through the dam's rough water to enter the ladders via a "doggie door" and gently swim up and away.
Now this is not my idea of how I want to get somewhere to take a canoe trip.
Wal-Mart in Whitehorse.  There were tons of RVs camping out.  We may take advantage of this on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment